Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cuboree Update - Day 2

Hi Mum! (and Dad. And Bean.)

Quick update while photos upload: Cuboree's going really well. Media's been really good so far. Total photo count so far (between 3 photographers) = ~2600. I'm currently working on finding great ones to go on the VicScouts website, as well as Facebook.


The highlight of today was a visit from Victorian Minister for Youth Affairs, Ryan Smith, who came for an hour. I basically spent the entire time running around with Simon, taking photos (something like 200 in the hour) as we went on a whirlwind tour of Gilwell and Cuboree. Tomorrow I'll be doing a similar tour with a photographer from one of the local newspapers as well as several other VIPs, except by myself instead of with Simon. :D

I think I'm walking more than I've ever walked before, perhaps even at Jamboree. Trips from the Messmate Annexe (the Comms/Media office) to the Venturer sub-camp and back have totalled around 5-6km, just today. Alongside that, I've been walking across the whole camp to get photos. No blisters yet, but I'm pretty happy when I find an empty seat.


Cubs are all having a fantastic time. I've already taught some the Pizza Man song, but there's still lots to go! I'm pretty familiar in three or four packs where I know all the leaders. It's a lot like last year - Venturers all in costume, cubs all loving it, everyone's exhausted by the end of the day. My cape and helmet are much loved already, though possibly more so with the Venturers than with the Cubs.



Ironically, I won't actually post a photo - they just take too long to upload and fiddle with. I'll make sure some are on the VicScouts website for you tomorrow.


- Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment