Friday, August 6, 2010

Fuji-Climbing!

Today we climbed across Mt Fuji - from Station 5 (New) to Gotamba 5 or 6 (not too sure). I'd love to post a lot, but there are half a dozen English vents behind me, so I'll keep it to this:

It was great!

The hike up to the peak we reached was very hard, especially because the ground was gravelly and very hard to get a grip on. Lunch up on the ridge was great - we were above the cloud line and it was great. We were sitting there with clouds flying past and looking down on the valley we'd just climbed up. The climb down was quite easy and actually very fun because the same gravel which was so hard to climb up proved to be very easy to climb down, because you slide with every step you make. We averaged probably 10km/h going down (double the usual speed for hiking), and much faster when we ran. Great fun. :D

I'll post more tomorrow, and maybe some photos.

Re badges: There are loads. I scored a Japanese bag for my NSW AJ one last night and today I'm off to get rid of some more badges. The thing is that while there are loads, they have less district etc. badges are more event ones which usually aren't as nice. Still worth getting though, so expect me to come home with a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment