Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fuji-watching :D

Last night was great. Just as we sat down to eat dinner the clouds around Mt Fuji cleared and so we all moved our chairs out of the eating shelter and sat outside facing the mountain. I'm pretty sure I've never had dinner while mountain-watching before.

After dinner we watched one troop practise a dance for the international performances today, which included performances from most of the prefectures. This dance apparently came from a prefecture which couldn't come to the jamboree because of a mad cow disease outbreak, and so it was performed half live and half via video link. Very cool.

Everything else is good. I did some washing today and I'm about to go off and see if I can swap the NSW backpack Tom gave us all for one of the cool Japanese scout bags.

Tomorrow we'll be spending seven hours hiking across Mt Fuji and doing some service in the form of picking up rubbish along the way. Should be really nice, and I'm charging my camera battery now so I can definietly take some photos.

I'd upload some photos, but they take forever. Sorry. However, I do have an open link for my nice Mt Fuji photo: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31033875&l=8cea977db6&id=1056564023 Have a look.

1 comment: